Our mission is to love God; to win others to Christ; and to edify and equip the
faithful for service!
Saybrook Christian Church (SCC) is a non-denominational New Testament Church. Simply
put, we are a church that believes that God’s Word is the sole authority for what
we do and believe! We strive for unity among all Christians as Jesus prayed in John
17. We do this by trying to restore His church as it was in the beginning.
We have no creed but Christ, the only creed required in the New Testament. We believe
the Bible is the inspired word of God (I Timothy 3:16), therefore we accept as true
the miracles of the virgin birth and the resurrection. Where the Scriptures speak
we speak; where they are silent we are silent. “In essentials: Unity. In opinions:
Liberty. In all things: love.” Our foundation is built on Christ and His apostles’
teachings (Ephesians 2:19-22).
The New Testament has only two ordinances:
- A command from God (Matthew 28:18-20). This
baptism is a believer’s baptism (Acts 2:38). It is by immersion only (Acts
8:36-39; Romans 6:4; Colossians 2:12)
- The early church observed
this ordinance as often as they met (Acts 20:7), on the first day of the week, therefore
we observe it weekly. We observe it as Paul taught us in 1 Corinthians 11: 23-26.
Admission into Christ’s Body (the church) is identical with the plan of salvation:
- Hearing God’s Word and believing in Jesus. (Romans 10:9-17; Mark 16:15-16; Hebrews
- Confessing your faith. (Matthew 10:32; Romans 10:10)
- Repenting of your sins (Acts 2:38; Acts 17:30)
- Baptism for the remission of your sins (Mark 16:16; Acts 2:38-39; Galatians 3:26-27;
1 Peter 3:18-22)