This Week's Resources
On this page you can find resources for your 'personal study' each week.
ADVENT SERMON SERIES
This advent I will be using material from www.adventconspiracy.org
Advent Conspiracy was founded on the radical idea that we can celebrate Christmas humbly, beautifully, and generously. Advent is the story of a wondrous moment when God entered our world to make things right. It is the greatest story ever told and it changes everything—including the way we celebrate Christmas.
I pray you will join us each Sunday in December in person or on-line at our Facebook Page @ 10 AM.
Main theme discussion
SECOND SUNDAY OF ADVENT
SPEND LESS Matthew 6:19-24
Where is it tempting for you to be a consumer and to over-indulge?
• What area of your life do you struggle with discontentment?
• In what ways do you need to spend less: less money, less time, less energy?
PRAISES & PRAYERS
Pray for Israel & Ukraine
Pray for all of our brothers and sisters in the faith in the Middle East.
Pray for the shut-ins here in Saybrook.
Pray for those on the long term prayer list.
LGCC & Retreat Center; Shiloh Children’s Ranch; Outreach International—DeLaughters; Nagaland Outreach Children’s Ministry—Elilo; KIDS KONNECT; Food Pantry. GOYA Ministries.
Generic discussion thoughts
If you are looking for some questions to help stimulate discussion these might be helpful.
* What is something that stood out to you in this passage?
* Are there any words, phrases or references that are unfamiliar?
* Is this passage talking about something culturally different to what we're used to?
* What did the author intend for us to understand by writing this?
* How does this passage fit with the passages around it?
* Are there other parts in the Bible that talk something similar to this passage?